Single Expansion Shield
Our Single Expansion Shield anchor is corrosion resistant. The expansion cone is drawn into the anchor body as the machine bolt is tightened, and holding power is unaffected if bolt is removed and replaced.
Downloads / Tech Flyer
Materials / Finishes
- Zamac alloy
Features and Benefits
- Entire fastener is corrosion-resistant
- Bolt can easily be removed during service work without replacing the anchor
- Accepts machine screws
- Suitable for use in normal weight and lightweight concrete
- Drill hole of recommended diameter (slightly deeper than length of shield).
- Clean the hole using compressed air and a nylon brush.
- Install shield flush with surface of hole threaded side down. Double shield should be flush to slightly below masonry.
- Place fixture. Insert machine bolt through fixture into shield and tighten.
- Single:To determine length of bolt: thickness of fixture plus length of shield, equals length of bolt
Double: A deep setting increases holding power of masonry. If desired, place a pipe sleeve between shield and fixture being attached.
NOTE: Always wear safety glasses. Follow drill manufacturer's safety instructions. Use only solid carbide-tipped drill bits meeting ANSI B212.15 diameter standards.