ALLIGATOR® All-Purpose Anchors
ALLIGATOR anchors are designed to hold high loads in solid walls, ceilings, and floors ... but also hold securely when they encounter an unexpected cavity, such as in hollow brick or hollow block, or even in drywall or, especially, in tile over drywall. The specially formulated polypropylene body flows into and locks up with any undercuts in the hole, bonding the screw to the wall and sealing the hole to prevent moisture from entering. Optimal holding values [measured in tons] are obtained in highly dense substrates by using a screw diameter and a drill diameter of the same size as the anchor diameter. The anchor is available both unflanged for push through mounting and with a flange for use where a cavity is anticipated (drywall, hollow brick, etc.).
Downloads / Tech Flyer
Materials / Finishes
- Specially formulated, inert grade of self-lubricating, translucent, non-corrodible polypropylene
Features and Benefits
- Strongest in solid materials — holds up to 2x more than metal, adhesive, epoxy and chemical anchors with the same screw diameter and embedment depth
- Anchor bonds screw to concrete, brick & stone — sealing the hole against moisture
- Versatile — holds securely even in hollow walls or ceilings
- Uniquely shaped head prevents spinning & countersink
- Accepts greatest range of screw sizes in each anchor
- High holding strength even with deviations in screw size and hole diameter, where other anchors fail entirely
- Resists vibration & shock • Non-toxic • Sets instantly
- Screw can be removed and reinserted in same anchor without loss of holding power
- Corrosion-proof when used with stainless steel screws
Solid Wall Installation
- Drill hole into wall the same diameter as anchor, at least 2x the length of the anchor. Push in anchor and tap flush to wall with a hammer.
- Place item over anchor, insert screw, and tighten flush with item. For best results, use a screw gun.
- Drill hole into wall the same diameter as anchor. Push in anchor and tap flush to wall with a hammer.
- Place item over anchor. Insert screw and tighten flush with item.
Not recommended for hollow ceilings. Instead, use our TOGGLER® Plastic Anchor or our SNAPTOGGLE® Toggle Bolt.