Roll over image to zoom in
Ankr-TITE® Wedge Anchor
Zinc-Plated Carbon Steel
This pre-assembled high strength, fully threaded, and torque-controlled expansion anchor has a unique safety shoulder in the expansion cone that supports a thick 3-dimple clip engineered to provide high load carrying capability and reduce slip in a variety of installation conditions. Nut and washer included.
Downloads / Tech Flyer
Materials / Finishes
- Zinc plated carbon steel with steel clip
- Hot-dip galvanized carbon steel with 304 stainless steel clip
- All 304 stainless steel
- All 316 stainless steel
Features and Benefits
- Length and identification code stamped on head to ease identification pre and post-installation
- Dog-point head prevents point damage during installation
- Fully threaded anchor body accommodates various application thickness
- Enlarged 3-dimple clip
- Increases response in lightweight concrete and requires fewer rotations to achieve desired torque
- 360 º segment contact on clip equalizes load distribution and increases load-carrying capacity
- Unique safety shoulder
- Supports the 3-dimple clip under maximum and ultimate loads, preventing slippage
- Similar products have gradual expansion cone that does NOT have a safety shoulder to support the clip when anchor is under strain
- Drill the hole, whose diameter equals the anchor diameter, perpendicular to the work surface. To assure full holding power, do not ream the hole or allow the drill to wobble.
Drill the hole deeper than the intended embedment, but not closer than two diameters to the opposite surface of the concrete.
- A clean hole is necessary for proper performance. Clean the hole using a nylon brush and compressed air.
- Assemble the nut and washer onto the anchor. Drive the anchor through the material to be fastened at the calculated embedment depth.
- Tighten the nut, or head, 3 to 5 turns past the hand tight position. Installing with a torque wrench is recommended for optimum performance. Refer to Recommended Setting Torque* in the table below.
NOTE: Always wear safety glasses. Follow drill manufacturer's instructions. Use only solid carbide- tipped drill bits meeting ANSI B212.15 diameter standards.