Lag Screw Shield
Our corrosion-resistant Lag Screw Shield can be used in concrete, masonry, and mortar joints. Our long version increases holding values, and the short version is recommended in harder masonry for reduced drilling time.
Downloads / Tech Flyer
Materials / Finishes
- Zamac alloy
Features and Benefits
- Ideal for use in concrete, masonry and mortar joints
- Available in short and long lengths for different situations
- Bolt can easily be removed during service work without replacing the anchor
- Drill the hole according to the "Drill Dia." shown on the Performance Data Charton the Tech Specs tab. To assure full holding power, do not ream the hole or allow the drill to wobble.
- Drill the hole deeper than the intended embedment, but not closer than two diameters to the bottom (opposite) surface of the concrete.
- Clean the hole with a nylon brush and compressed air.
- Insert anchor into the hole and tap flush.
- Position fixture, insert bolt and tighten.
NOTE: Always wear safety glasses. Follow drill manufacturer's safety instructions. Use only solid carbide-tipped drill bits meeting ANSI B212.15 diameter standards.