Original Wej-It® Wedge Anchor
An industry leader for over 65 years, the Original Wej-It® Wedge Anchor is recommended for light to normal weight concrete and solid masonry applications. It provides positive wedge connections to minimize wedge loosening due to vibratory loads. The unique wedge arrow design with its guiding notch allows the installer to direct the anchor’s forces away from seams and corners.
Downloads / Tech Flyer
Materials / Finishes
- Zinc-plated carbon steel
Features and Benefits
- Time-tested, proven reliability
- An industry standard for over 60 years
- Fully assembled and ready to use
- Unparalleled job-site convenience
- No fixture-moving required
- Bolt Size is Hole Size® eases installation
- Allows precision placement of equipment through pre-drilled holes
- Exclusive “positive wedge connections”
- Minimizes wedge loosening due to vibratory loads
- Acceptable materials:
- Normal Weight Concrete
- Lightweight Concrete
- Solid Masonry
- Drill the hole perpendicular to the work surface with a solid carbide bit that meets ANSI B212.5 specifications. The drill bit diameter will be the same as the anchor diameter that you are installing. To assure full holding power, do not ream the hole or allow the drill to wobble.
- Drill the hole one diameter deeper than the intended embedment of the anchor, but not closer than two diameters to the bottom (opposite) surface of the concrete.
- Clean the hole using compressed air and a nylon brush. A clean hole is necessary for proper performance.
- Insert anchor into hole until washer rests solidly against fixture.
- Tighten 1-1/2 to 3 turns past hand tight position but to a maximum torque as listed in the table below.