Roll over image to zoom in
Machine Screw Shield
Our Machine Screw Shield can be used with machine screws in most masonry materials, including concrete, block, brick, and stone.
Downloads / Tech Flyer
Materials / Finishes
- Zamac alloy cone with lead sleeve
Features and Benefits
- Versatile for use in normal weight concrete and solid masonry
- Shallow embedment
- Accepts machine screws
- Bolt can easily be removed during service work without replacing the anchor
- Drill the hole equal to the nominal diameter of the anchor. To assure full holding power, do not ream the hole or allow the drill to wobble.
- Drill the hole deeper than the intended embedment, but not closer than two diameters to the bottom (opposite) surface of the concrete.
- Clean the hole with a nylon brush and compressed air.
- Insert anchor into the hole.
- Using setting tool, drive expander shield over cone.
- Position fixture, insert fastener and tighten.
NOTE: Always wear safety glasses. Follow drill manufacturer's instructions. Use only solid carbide-tipped drill bits meeting ANSI B212.15 diameter standards.