POWER-Skru™ Large Diameter Concrete Screw
This heavy-duty bolt anchor with self-tapping threads offers a unique undercutting design for anchoring into concrete and masonry. No secondary setting in needed. This large diameter concrete screw provides high-strength performance with low installation torque.
Downloads / Tech Flyer
Materials / Finishes
- Zinc-electroplated, heat-treated carbon steel
- Mechanically galvanized, heat treated carbon steel
- Type 316 stainless steel with bi-metal carbon steel threads
Features and Benefits
- Serrated washer head facilitates positive lock between bolt and application surface for enhanced vibration and shock resistance
- Hardened self-tapping threads feature a revolutionary undercutting design — allows for immediate load application and reduces required installation torque
- Can be removed and reinstalled
- Anchor length is stamped on the head to ease identification pre and post-installation
- Easier and faster installation than mechanical expansion anchors
- Prepare hole with lower cost ANSI B212.15 standard bit: no metric or off-sized bits needed
- Heat treatment provides surface and core hardness
- No expansion forces being applied to base material means shorter spacing and edge distance requirements
- Using the proper size carbide bit, drill a pilot hole at least 1/2" deeper than the desired anchor embedment.
- Clean the hole using a nylon brush and compressed air.
- Solid Concrete: Using an electric impact wrench, or socket wrench, insert anchor through the fixture into hole and tighten anchor until fully seated. If using an electric impact wrench, start on light torque setting to prevent over-torqueing or damaging threads.
- Concrete Block (CMU) Using a socket wrench insert anchor into hole and hand tighten anchor until fully seated. Do not use an impact wrench for installation into CMU walls.
NOTE: Always wear safety glasses.